All of our teaching staff must meet the following requirements:
- A face-to-face interview with one of our consultants to verify all information on their application form, including their full career history, with all gaps explored
- QTS and/or relevant highest qualification checks
- Evidence of identity, including proof of current address
- Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
- Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check or CRB application in process
- Overseas police check / letter of good conduct for those coming from abroad or having spent extended periods of time overseas
- Satisfactory professional references
- Health declaration
- List 99, POCAL or ISA Children’s List checks, as appropriate
- GTCE/W registration check, as appropriate
Our teaching staff must adhere to our Code of Conduct and any specific operating policies your organisation requires.
For further information on safer recruiting with Hays read our Safe Recruitment in Education section.