Skip to content
Hays - Recruiting experts worldwide
  1. I am
    I am
Browse by expertise

Teach in the UK

If you would like to teach in the UK, Hays Education has early years jobs, special needs jobs, primary teaching jobs and secondary teaching jobs for teachers from abroad. We offer long-term, short-term, permanent and day-to-day positions.

Overseas Trained Teachers (OTTs) have become a day-to-day feature of schools in the UK, particularly in London and the South East. Schools welcome the fresh perspectives and professionalism that OTTs can offer students and staff alike.

If you hold a fully recognised teaching qualification and have enthusiasm, flexibility and excellent spoken and written English, there are many UK teaching jobs available. We offer generous rates of pay and all the support you will need.

We will provide advice on:

  • Your existing qualifications
  • Work permits and visas
  • Qualified teacher status (QTS)
  • Criminal records checks
  • Continued professional development (CPD)
  • Accommodation
  • Bank accounts

Work permits are available if you accept a teaching post prior to your departure. We also offer overseas trained teachers the opportunity to gain QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with Hays Education, working in partnership with the University of Reading.

We will help you with the transition by assisting with setting up a bank account, finding accommodation and organising social events so you can meet other teachers. We also hold induction days at the start of each term to introduce newly arrived teachers to our education system.

Use Hays' job search engine to find education jobs.

Speak to a recruitment expert at your local Hays office.