It is possible for anyone to become a compelling authentic speaker, beginning with your acceptance that the best mode of communication is for to tell your story to your audience.
Every time you speak at an interview you are presenting:
- Your ideas
- Your proposals
- Your views
- Your feelings
Successful communication at interviews depends on planning what you want to say and more importantly how you are going to say it. For many people designing and delivering presentations in the interview setting is more of an obstacle than an opportunity. It does not have to be that way for you. In fact, there is no greater opportunity for success than the simple act of opening your mouth to tell your own story.
Here are some practical tips you can put in place immediately, which will boost your composure, clarity, presence and impact:
- Try to connect with your audience
- Slow your breathing down - gaining you control of your body and mind
- Speak slowly - allow time for your thoughts to catch up with your mouth
- Pause before you answer questions
- Smile if you can, but not if it is forced or false
- Speak with:– Energy– Purpose– Passion– Honesty
- Mean what you say
- Look your audience in the eye, one person at a time
- Keep your story simple. Limit facts and data
- Ask questions if it is appropriate
- Be personal – tell your audience what things actually mean and feel to you personally
- Trust that your audience want you to do well
Based in London, UK, Michael Charlesworth trained as an actor and worked in the theatre acting and directing professionally in the 80's and 90's. This work took him all over the world, the UK and London's West End, with many T.V. and Radio credits.
His coaching style involves using the skills of the performer to improve clients' presence and greater visibility when communicating face to face in meetings, presentations and one to ones. Michael also uses MBTI, Transactional Analysis and Thinking Environment tools to help clients understand themselves better as communicators. He currently works for Red 10, a company that develops leaders, managers and their teams to offer coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation in leadership, management, team and personal development.