Since the recession we’ve seen more demand for candidates who have both strong technical knowledge and practical experience. How can you achieve such a balance?
- Discuss your exam syllabus with your employer and outline the experience you need in order to step up to the next level
- Create a career map of where you are now and where you want to be
- Speak to a Hays part-qualified specialist for advice
Career mapping is a technique that allows you and your employer to map out a strategic path within the company. It gives you long-term goals and should include opportunities to develop a range of skills (e.g. financial accounts or management accounts). Career mapping has several benefits:
- You can develop your experience in alignment with your studies
- You can get involved with projects or system implementations
- Your skills grow and evolve with your company
- Your employer benefits from your increased productivity and morale
Talk to your local Hays consultant to find out how career mapping can help you to boost your employability.