We surveyed nearly 500 credit managers and individuals holding similar roles in organisations across the UK for this report at the end of 2014. They were asked about their background, qualifications, responsibilities and personal characteristics as well as the challenges that they face and the skills that they believe are important for credit managers to have.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 36% report into their organisation’s board
- 39% said that sales was the most important discipline to partner with
- 53% believed that achieving company objectives would be their biggest challenge over the next 12 months
- 34% had undertaken training to understand functions outside of credit management
- 39% revealed that they were aiming for a more senior role within credit management