With three years’ experience in the profession, this candidate began in a broader more accounts focused position before moving into tax, an area they wish to continue their career in. In their current role, a 12 Partner firm based in Newcastle, they work as an Assistant Tax Consultant within the tax department where they have built on their experience gained in accounts to become a highly capable tax professional.
They are keen to move down to London where they wish to continue developing their expertise.
• AAT Level 3
• Keen to begin tax qualifications
• Mixed Tax Compliance
• Portfolio Management
AAT Accounting Qualification Level 2
AAT Accounting Qualification Level 3
Currently studying towards AAT Accounting Qualification Level 4 with choosing optional courses of personal and business tax
May 2015 - Present
Assistant Tax Consultant
• Provided remuneration tax planning advice to many personal tax clients and created strong working relationships with them in the process.
• Completed many personal tax returns over the tax season for many different types of personal tax clients ranging from sole trade to multi-million corporation directors.
• Worked with an International sporting brand whilst conducting a major VAT reclaim investigation at their premises.
• Experienced holding meetings with personal tax clients to best discuss their tax planning options.
• Skilled user of Digita Personal and Corporate Tax Software
September 2013 – May 2015
Accounting Services Assistant
• Experienced at producing year end accounts, management accounts and providing ad hoc accounting assistance.
• Skilled user of Sage 50 Accounts Software
• Able to use Xero Accounting Software to a good level
• Worked at a national restaurant designing company’s premises and aided with credit control procedures and bookkeeping over a period of 6 months.
• Produced VAT returns on a quarterly basis for many different types of clients