A very experienced and competent senior manager who has covered all aspects of statutory children services including child protection, fostering and adoption, service commissioning, permanence planning, looked after children, independent reviewing and development of innovative service provision to improve outcomes for children. Roles have included service delivery as a Field Social Worker, Supervising Social Worker, Team Manager, Service Manager and Head of Service.
Has led and delivered a number of service re-designs which have had a direct impact on achieving positive outcomes for children and young people. Key roles in leading on work both pre and post inspections; quality assurance, self-assessment and design and implementation of service delivery plans as essential element of improvement
Ready to take on new challenge in operational management or within the improvement agenda within Children’s Services.
• Child / family centred approach to strategic leadership and organisational change.
• Leadership style which strives for improvement in social work practice, increased partnership responsibility and joint working between early help and statutory social care.
• Ability to offer support and challenge to staff through clear communication and links to service standards.
• Visible leadership style throughout the whole organisation evidenced by enthusiasm in the role; solution focussed approach, clarity in thought and creativity in problem solving.
• Delivery of robust quality assurance framework which impacts on service planning.
• Strong relationship with partners and all stakeholders which involves mutual respect and clarity of roles.