Internationally experienced Senior Procurement Specialist with extensive knowledge gained from working in both the private and public sectors from tier 1 IT service providers through to large government ministries.
This individual has excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with significant experience working in client-facing roles. With a track record in successfully delivering projects through the full procurement lifecycle from business case development through to contract negotiation, they take full ownership of challenges and drives them through to successful conclusion, engaging key stakeholders where required.
• PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified
• Lean Six Sigma™ Yellow Belt Certified
• Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) – Associate Member
• Lead and manage complex portfolio of IT procurement projects
• Technical IT background
• Manage complex relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers
• Negotiating and renegotiating to achieve cost reduction, cost avoidance and improve efficiency
• Develop and implement improved procurement processes across organisation
At interview, this person comes across highly professional and ambitious with strong communication skills and demonstrated a high level of knowledge of IT procurement. With a strong commercial acumen, they would be well suited to working in a professional environment.
Located in Edinburgh, they are looking for a contract or permanent role where they can add value to procurement and raise the profile of the function in an organisation.