Our expert opinion
A procurement professional who has solid public sector experience with duties ranging from senior buyer, contracts management and project based work.
Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS)
• Project Management experience working to PRINCE Methodology, I have passed the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
• Extensive experience of delivering seminars and training courses, including but not limited to EU Procurement Directives, Procurement Best Practices and Principles, Best Value, use of electronic purchasing methods and purchase cards
• Mentoring of Procurement Staff
• Change management and influencing skills
• Extensive experience of full contract process from initial identification of contract need, development of the specification with customer, drafting of tender documentation, placement of PIN and Contract Notices, analysis of tender submissions and due diligence checks.
• Purchasing Card implementation – VISA and American Express
• E-Procurement Implementation
• Extensive Public Sector experience including The Royal Mail, Local Government, Housing, Education and NHS (Acute, Mental Health, Learning Disability and Physical Health services)
• Contribution to achieving CIP (Cost Improvement Programme) Targets
• E-Tendering Experience – EUSupply.com and BravoSolution packages
• Spend analysis to identify alternative solutions and cost savings