Programme Manager with over 10 years experience in Projects & Programmes/Strategy & Policy in Regional, Local Government & Public/Private Partnerships. He has supported clients in transition from Vision, High Level Objectives or Mandated Business. Change through transformation to realise benefits, deliver outcomes and embed culture of successful delivery. He has building capability and leadership to manage products, complexity, risk and resources in a political/legislative framework.
• MSc (Merit) Social Policy & Planning.
• MSP Practitioner.
• PRINCE 2 Practitioner.
Policy & Project Lead
European Union funded project: London Case Study
July 14 - May 2015
• A three year EU seven city collaborative project, responsible for leading work packages at various stages in project life cycle. Evaluating Active Travel.
• Exploring the relationship between health and active transport (walking and cycling) evaluation of new interventions.
• Responsible for key policy inputs, analysis, data collection, evaluation communications and engagement, project planning and management.
• Work Package 1 & 2 involved mapping the policy landscape for active travel, including developing ‘top measures’ for the academic partners to evaluate before and after scenario and stakeholder management strategy for recruitment of volunteers.
Nov 2013 - June 2014
• Management of high profile mitigation programme in politically sensitive environment.
• Set up PMO including key products (Risk Management Strategy, Risk Register, Programme Plan, and Programme Reporting Dashboard for Leader of Council).
• Activity Planning and cross programme dependencies.
• Response to HS2 Environmental Statement.
• Mitigation Request List (Pre-Petition).
• Related Impact Assessments and development and integration of Housing, Transport, Economic Development, Schools, Culture and Public Realm Mitigation Projects and related Communications and Engagement Strategy.
• Quality measure: Internal Audit Pass with recommendations for minor adjustments to embed PM approach.
Project & Policy Lead
European Union funded project
July - October 2013
Pre project planning (WP1), (project commenced November 2013 until 2017) – defining work packages and developing delivery strategy.
March 2012 – July 2013
• Represented partnership to all levels of Government, Business and Third Sector. Secretariat Work Programme & Policy Lead.
• Responsible for developing east London Sub Regional Local Implementation Plan (LIP) Programme to support regeneration of east London, town centres and key sites.
• Responsible for the development of Crossrail 2 business case.
• Policy development for HS1-2 link.
• Commissioned a consultancy to inform economic and technical case for an HS1-2 dedicated link to enable interregional and international services with intermediate stop at Stratford International.
Programme & Policy Manager
March 2010- March 2012
• Seconded from Transport for London to develop an integrated regeneration focussed programme.
• Responsible for Secretariat key projects and work programme: Skills & Enterprise.
• Housing, Transport & Infrastructure policies and projects.
• Developed sub regional LIP strategy across 9 east London boroughs.
Transport Planner (2004)/Senior Transport Planner (2005)/Principal Transport Planner (2006)/Policy
Transport for London
2004 - 2008
• Strategic transport planning and scheme delivery.
• Congestion Charging (Policy & Project Manager).
• Mayors Transport Strategy MTS2 (Integrated Consultation Project & Accessibility Plan Lead).
• Sub Regional Plan & Olympic Legacy Transport Plan.
• Health Services Travel Analysis Tool (HSTAT).
• Air Quality, Environmental, Social and Economic Impacts of transport system.
• Congestion Charging Scheme Order, policy lead, price, emissions & discounts.
• Consultation and stakeholder management.
• Western Extension and Emissions Based Charging.
Department for Health
• Adoption and Children Act 2002, Project to deliver taskforce outcomes of specialist practitioners and academic experts.
• Dissemination of project outputs including Guidance to implement Act
• Stakeholder Management and Policy development.
• High level stakeholder management to embed policy principles and adoption of guidance.