This candidate came across as very approachable at interview and demonstrated examples proving her capability within a classroom environment. She has experience supporting pupils in a mainstream environment including pupils with SEN and is keen to build on her existing experience.They described them self as a fun, caring teaching assistant and this was clear at interview as her passion for working with children was evident. They have implemented numerous intervention sessions with primary aged students as well as supporting learners aged 16 – 24. They are looking for a long-term, full-time position and is immediately available.
• Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
• Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Learning.
• Supporting pupils with SEN including hearing impairments, speech impairments and Asperger’s.
• Providing support to pupils with low academic abilities.
• Setting homework tasks.
• Supporting small groups of pupils.
• Providing one-to-one support to pupils.
• Implementing intervention sessions including guided reading and silent reading sessions.
• Promoting positive behaviour using numerous techniques.
• Overcoming challenging behaviour.
• Monitoring behaviour using levels and worksheets.
• Communicating with parents regarding homework tasks.
• Promoting inclusion inside the classroom.
• Experience using Phonics.