A highly experienced and motivated, results oriented senior healthcare manager with excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible approach to clients. This candidate has over twenty years’ operational and strategic management experience, gained across health and social care and has been a national advisor on health policy and regulatory development. Prior to this the candidate was an auxiliary nurse working directly with patients and provided hands on care.
As a National Primary Care Advisor, they were part of the dental reform board in developing the prototype dental contract that will shortly be implemented. They also provided expert input when PCT's were transitioning to CCG's and supported both the transition and the development of the technical single operating models that were adopted by NHS England.
The candidate has a breadth of experience across health and social care, however their key specialism and technical expertise lies within Primary Care and Community Services development and Transformation, this has been gained from technical strength in both Commissioning and Contracting.
1. Whole systems bed review across 2 London CCGs, 2 Acute providers, 2 LA’s and Community and Mental Health services.
2. Implementing joint co-commissioning for a federation of 3 CCG's.
3. A full review of a CCG's commissioning arrangements in terms of AQP and locally commissioned services to ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, meet commissioning intentions and deliver the Commissioning intentions and meet the needs of the populations health needs locally.
4. Full review of Medicines management SLA to ensure that statutory functions are being delivered along with an opinion on value for money, QIPP and further savings identified for the CCG in the region of £2M.
5. Transformation of primary medical care delivery within a CCG, working with NHS England, CCG, GPs and the LMC on the development and delivery of innovative service delivery models in partnership with community and secondary care providers ensuring patient benefit and access to care closer to home through the utilisation of effective delivery models at scale and appropriate skills mix.
6. National project manager and advisor for PMCF wave 2 applications managing the assessment of 5 of the 7 application criteria and supporting the national assessment panel and reporting directly to NHS England National team on findings, issues and scheme proposal deliverables.
7. Care pathway redesign – secondary care to primary care and OOH review.
This candidate is available immediately for interim assignments across the East of England.