A strong and decisive General Manager possessing significant experience within the transport, logistics and warehousing sectors, with a highly commercial outlook that focuses on profitability by challenging the status quo, and devising and implementing change that improves systems and processes for the benefit of the organisation. Skilful at driving businesses forward and installing a big company approach into a smaller organisation, with experienced of working within a unionised environment. This candidate is an expert at taking calculated risks whilst building strong relationships with clients and delivering an outstanding service.
• National Diploma in Business Studies
• National and International Certificate of Professional Competence
• ADR qualifications, including tanks and tank containers
• Drivers’ Hours and Working Time Directive Regulations
Key skills include:
• Man-management & Leadership
• Procurement & Strategy
• Planning & Forecasting
• Communication and presentation at all levels
• European and International logistics,
• European pallet and parcel distribution,
• Created a new Logistics team, comprising of shipping and transport personnel.
• Implemented robust procedures and KPIs.
• Devised and implemented a comprehensive training program.
• Reduced current operating costs by 4.5% through efficiencies and changes in working practices.
• Created substantial costs savings to one client’s distribution contract through change in the method of distribution.
• Transferred the sub-contracted distribution contracts to an own vehicle and asset owning operation; improving profit contribution by £0.5M.