• Highly experienced within the EYFS through working in Early Years settings for the whole of their career
• Planned and supported individuals’ IEP’s in line with their developmental level and needs
• Supported the class teacher by taking classes in the afternoon including topic work such as animals. They observed the children’s participation and abilities and provided feedback to the class teacher
• Able to adapt lessons to the needs of each individual child for example making tasks more challenging for those who were more able and simplifying activities to meet the appropriate learning objectives of the lower ability children
• Supporting children with English as a foreign language
• Responsible for making observations and monitoring children’s progress using the EYFS framework and for tracking their progress in all areas of learning
• Ruth Miskin and Elklan trained and experienced
• Encouraging positive behaviour through using a reward scheme to promote desirable behaviour
• Experienced working with children with Special Educational Needs and using strategies such as workstations, visual timetables and now and next boards.
Our Professional Opinion
This qualified HLTA is highly experienced within the Early Years Foundation Stage through experience working within Early Years classes in Primary Schools. They have mostly worked with children aged from 3 to 5 years old but since working through Hays Education, have also worked with Key Stage 1.
At interview they came across as passionate about providing the best level of care for children and providing them with opportunities to extend their skills, independence and confidence in all areas of learning and development, whilst supporting and encouraging them to reach their full potential. They describe themselves as being confident, caring and motivated as well as being creative and taking a hands-on approach to learning. I would recommend this HLTA as an excellent candidate for any EYFS or early Key Stage 1 role within a primary school or nursery setting.