This candidate is an articulate and engaging chartered accountant who is experienced in the service provide sector and is looking to expand their career. They wish to improve their knowledge and experience as a job controller and assistant manager at PWC and at a North London firm to benefit an in-house team.
They have an inherent interest in problem solving, analysing data and meeting deadlines and budgets. Combined with a well established professional background we highly recommend an early interview
November 2015 – Present
North London Firm | London, UK
• Managing the firm’s corporate client portfolio and corporate tax issues.
• Organising workload and meeting deadlines timely and efficiently.
• Daily correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on issues ranging from corporation tax payments, repayments, tax credits and enquiries.
• Communicating with the audit department clarifying corporate tax positions enabling the finalisation of companies’ tax returns and computations.
• Reviewing Capital Allowance and Research and Development schedules.
• Building client relations by being involved in client meetings and resolving issues concerning their tax affairs.
• Keeping up to date with recent developments that may affect business transactions
September 2009 - October 2015
Tax Assistant Manager
PwC | Limassol, Cyprus
• First time pass on all the professional examinations taken for the ACA.
• A high performer as per yearly individual performance evaluations.
• Taking on the role of Job Controller and being assigned a portfolio of clients leading to my promotion to Assistant Manager when I became responsible for more large sized business clients.
• Consistently proved reliable and trustworthy with sound technical knowledge as my managers and partner would more than often assign the more demanding projects to myself.
• Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines on assignments, putting in the extra hours necessary and delivering well constructed and high quality tax reports and tax risks schedules.
• Early access and handling of the finance segment of the work cycle including budgeting, fee negotiation, recovering work in progress by billing and collecting.
• Provided effective and continuous coaching, support and mentoring to junior and new team members.
• On a regular basis proved my flexibility and smooth adaptability to changing environments including my secondment to PwC Greece for three months, where I worked successfully on the Tax Compliance project of Eurobank EFG performing data analysis in extreme deadlines.
• I built positive client relations conducting client meetings to gather data and provided timely feedback of the results during staff meetings with my Manager, Senior Manager and Director.
• Developed my networking and team-player skills by for example being a member of the PwC Football team since joining the firm, taking part in yearly Central Eastern European (CEE) tournaments and winning the cup.
University Of Nottingham 2008 – 2009
MA Risk Management (Pass)
University of Kent 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance (2:1)
American Academy Larnaca 1998 – 2005
3 A’ levels | 1 AS level | 9 GCSE levels
• Certificates: Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA)
• Memberships: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) 2013