This candidate has a broad range of structural and civil engineering experience - including structural and civil design, drainage design, contract management and supervision for school extensions, public buildings, estate development, and investigation of structural defects.
A wide range of knowledge of marine works, including an interest in current methods of sea defence such as at Clacton-on-Sea. Knowledge of current considerations and procedures with respect to flood and sea defence, including whether or not to defend from erosion, environmental considerations and the processes involved in obtaining funding.
Ability to carry out a project at all stages from preparing fee bids, through feasibility, proposals documents and design, to completion, including preparation of contract documents and management of works on site.
An interest in geotechnics, with ability to interpret ground investigation information and carry out small ground investigations by trial hole, hand auger and shear vane.
• Ability to carry out a complete project from feasibility stage to completion.
• Experience of working with partners and engaging stakeholders.
• Wide knowledge of existing building construction.
• MicroDrainage, AutoCAD, MS Office.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Member of Institution of Civil Engineers
• NEBOSH Gen Cert Occupational Safety & Health.
• Tech Member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.