Exclusively registered with Hays, My candidate is an experienced practice accountant who manages their own client portfolio across Northern Ireland and varying in complexity. Performing a client facing role, my candidate is actively seeking Belfast based practice openings.
Summary of roles and responsibilities:
• Preparing and presenting financial yearly statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships, public sector organisations ie charities and limited companies using SAPPA software.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts to review level, identifying any areas of concern, and provide advice, guidance and direction to initiate necessary corrective action on any variances from budget. The process includes accrual accounting, balance sheet reconciliations and journal preparation and posting, where appropriate.
• Assist in the collection of data and analyse to detect deficient controls, fraud or non-compliance with laws, regulations and management policies.
• Examine and analyse accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures for small charities and limited company’s.
• Preparing and submitting Quarterly VAT returns and statistical research reports on behalf of clients.
• Preparation of Budgets and cashflow statements.
• Work with all staff in the implementation of an integrated approach to the pursuit of the practice’s strategic objectives.
• Communicate and provide information to coach, managers and co- workers by email or in person.
• Provide external bookkeeping services at client’s offices working on client’s sage software and completing accounts up to trial balance.
• Implementing and installing accounting software at client’s premises to improve systems and processes.
• Provide payroll support when required using sage payroll software including liaising clients updating payroll reports calculating gross, net wages, PAYE and National Insurance contributions for both employer and employee.
• Supervise trainees providing motivation, training and guidance where necessary