At interview, Charlie came across as a confident and intellectual individual. He completed a degree in Psychology which made him realise his passion for working with vulnerable children. Since completing his degree, Charlie worked at an SEN school for the last year as an ABA Tutor where he gained experience of supporting children aged 4-19 with severe Autism.
Charlie has been trained in using PECS, Makaton and Team Teach. His main role was that of helping children learn basic life skills. He used ABA methods to aid their communication and development of social skills. He also assisted his key pupils with personal care and feeding when needed.
Charlie is now available on a full-time basis and can start immediately.
• Degree educated in Psychology (2:1)
• Experience working in an SEN school for children aged 4-19 as an ABA Tutor
• Supported pupils with severe Autism; OCD and ADHD
• Team Teach trained; working knowledge of PECS, Makaton
• Used power words; visual timetables; soft play and worked in sensory rooms
• Assisted with personal care including toileting and helped with feeding
• Liaised with Occupational Health Therapists; Speech & Language Therapists; Behaviour Consultants
• Looking to pursue a career in Educational Psychology
Too book Charlie for interviews or free half day trials please contact Adriana on 0207 259 8770.